Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What will it bee?


My sister-in-law had a "gender reveal" party... something I had never heard of. What a cool idea! Even before she knew what she was having, she picked a bee theme. Good for a boy or a girl. I think diaper cakes are just the cutest things ever! So I wanted to surprised her with a themed cake.
I got the a pizza pan for the tray (Dollar Store), a tall bottle for the frame of the cake (Pelligrino mineral water, WalMart, I think $1.50), ribbon and accents, rubberbands, one pack of newborn diapers. Generic diapers have more in the pack and fills out the cake better. I bought Pampers this time and had some empty spots, but was able to make it look presentable. Roll up the diapers in a rubberband, position a couple rows for the base, wrap with ribbon. Repeat that process for the next 2 teirs. I bought bee fabric, cut out the little bees and adhered them to the cake as an accent. I free-handed the bee on top out of cardstock, using the bee fabric as a guide.
I lucked out when I got to my SIL's house and she had everything set up, but not a big centerpiece. Yay for my cake! The decorations were adorable, it fit in just perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment